Thursday, November 10, 2011

Late-Night-Watching-The-Television-Set Snack



Well, hey there. What's up, interweb people? (and a shout-out to my long lost friend, Punkin, for borrowing his word "interweb") I've got lots of food stuff (foodstuffs?) to talk about, but don't really know where to start. My sentimental attachment to Fritos? The red curry pork rinds that Chef made for us recently? Or, for goodness sake, the story behind this blog title? Yeah, I'll get to all that...but for now, it's late, I've got a full DVR and I need a snack. Cooking is fantastic, but sometimes assembling is good, too. So make some popcorn - pop it yourself or use the microwave variety - throw it in a bowl with some Cheez-Its (or Annie's Cheddar Bunnies, or whatever version of cheesy crackers you like), and get this...toss it all with a big drizzle of truffle oil! Some people, and I don't want to know these people, think truffle oil is overused, but I think truffle oil makes just about anything taste better. Kind of like melted cheese or sausage cream gravy. So go crazy. Add some salt, some chopped herbs, some grated Parmesan, whatever you like...it's hard to mess up. I have a pretty picture of my concoction, but until I transfer my pictures from my camera to my computer, you can't see it. That can be a project for this weekend. Sounds like I'll need another snack.

Next day update!! Found the right cords for the camera, so we are ready to roll! I feel so accomplished now, I better have some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment