Saturday, January 28, 2012

Vegan Weekend


OK, big deadline at work...over. Week of rebounding from the big work deadline...over. No more excuses for take-out or lazy cooking. I thought a vegan weekend might be in order, to reset any bad habits I may have adopted over the holidays and a busy work time. In that spirit, I went with black bean, roasted butternut squash and kale enchiladas with a Rick Bayless mole sauce. OK, so there's some cotija cheese on it, so maybe it's not quite vegan. Oh yeah, and the eggs I had this morning weren't vegan, I s'pose. But other than that, total vegan all weekend. Well, except for the bone-in skin-on split chicken breasts I plan to cook tomorrow night. I guess that's not vegan either. So mostly a vegan weekend. But not. Anyway, at least I'm back to cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment